Monday, April 5, 2010

Being a single parent with kids

           It's not easy to be a single parent. I have knowen weman all my life who were single moms. They didn't have problems like today. Recently I have realize that most single moms are scared to death of dating. I was nerves but not scared. Now I'm just not dating. I focus on my kids like I have been since My husbend and I separated. When they are with their grandparents I'm bored and just plain lost. I don't know what to do with myself. I truely love being a mom. But if you do date here are some tips for you:

1. I have learned never let your kids meet the new man or weman in their own home.

2. Take them out to eat or to the park. Have him or her meet you there.

3. Let your kids get to know him or her.

4. Talk to your children about him or her and make it clear they are free to speak.

Single mothers' self-efficacy, parenting in the home environment, and children's development in a two-wave study.: An article from: Social Work Research

The unexpected upside to my unexpected single fathering.: An article from: Daughters

No comments: