Monday, March 15, 2010

Testing and picking your battles

When a child test your patience. You have to stand your ground. Pick your battles and when you do. You better win. If you don't. Well, your kids are going to run over you. I know. I know. Easier said then done. For it was easier to set down and write a list of different things I was not willing let them get away with and how to handle it.

My mother-in-laws mother has told me taking away her sons sport would make him even less willing to study harder. I understand that. If the child gets an F on his report card. Try teaching him a different way. Maybe he just can't learn it the way the school is teaching him. I made up games for my son. My sons friend would come over and I'll start asking, "Who am I?" games and throw out facts. My son can learn better that way.

No comments: